Cross-Border Data Transfers:
Provade complies with the EU – US Privacy Shield as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member
countries. Provade has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice, Choice,
Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, and Purpose Limitation, Access and
Recourse, Enforcement and Liability. Provade’s participation in the EU – US Privacy Shield for
compliance is under the jurisdiction of the Federal Trade Commission. If there is any conflict between
the terms of this Privacy Statement and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles
shall govern issues related to data from the European Union or about European Union individuals.
For more information about the Privacy Shield program, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov, and to
view our certification page, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
Provade also complies with the US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US
Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from
Switzerland. Provade has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice,
choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. If there is any conflict
between the policies in this Privacy Statement and the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles shall govern
issues related to data from Switzerland or about Swiss individuals. To learn more about the US –
Swiss Safe Harbor and to view Provade’s certification page, please visit
Provade is committed to protecting your privacy by following these principles:
- Notice: When we collect your personal information, we’ll give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we’re collection, how we’ll use it, and the types of third parties with whom we may share it.
- Choice: We’ll give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information,
and we’ll respect the choices you make. When you provide your information to seek or maintain
a contingent work assignment with a Provade client, you are opting in to Provade’s use of your
information for that limited purpose. Use or sharing with other clients or for other purposes will
always require separate opt-in. You have the right to opt out of sharing your information with
clients with whom you do not have a current active work assignment.
- Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation: We’ll collect only as much personal information as we
need for specific, identified purposed and we won’t use it for other purposes without obtaining
your consent. However, Provade may be required to disclose an individual’s personal
information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national
security or law enforcement requirements.
- Retention: We’ll keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purpose for which we collected it or as permitted by law.
- Accuracy: We’ll take the appropriate steps to make sure the personal information in our records
is accurate and give you the opportunity to correct your information.
- Access: We’ll provide ways for you to access your personal information, as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies.
- Security: We’ll take appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information from the loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- Sharing: Except as described in this policy, we won’t share your personal information with third parties without your consent.
- Accountability for Onward Transfer: If we share your personal information or transfer it to
another country, we’ll take appropriate measures to protect your privacy and the personal
information we transfer. Further, Provade acknowledges that it has potential liability in cases of
onward transfers to third parties.
- Recourse, Enforcement, and Liability: We’ll regularly review how we’re meeting these privacy
promises, and we’ll provide an independent way to resolve complaints about our privacy
practices. The Federal Trade Commission is the enforcement authority that has jurisdiction
over Provade’s compliance with the Privacy Shield.